[Amps] 4CX5000A question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 4CX5000A question
From: "Stan C." <kf6ikc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:04:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello.
 I am thinking of building a amp using the 4CX5000A tube. I have a few question
that I can not seem to come up with the answer to. So I am hoping that some of
the knowable folks here on the list can help me. Keep mind I am not a
engineer,so please give me your answers in layman terms.

1) How do you determine the value and rating of the screen bleeder resistor.

2) How do you regulate the screen supply. I was going to just use a transformer
that rectifier to the right voltage and call it good. Please let me know if
this will work. Is the concern in the voltage going to high or sagging???

3) And last....what is the correct bias voltage for this tube?

Thank you for your time. Please email me direct at kf6ikc@sbcglobal.net