[Amps] Large Zeners Follow-up.

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Large Zeners Follow-up.
From: ab5mm <ab5mm@9plus.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:12:24 -0500
Thanks guys for all the help and recommendations.

The overall best place to get 10 or 50 watt zener diodes was "Mouser Electronics". They had them in stock and have no minimum.

BTW, I used a string of fwd-biased Si rectifiers (thanks Rich) with no problems except for space limitations and the fact that I had already ordered the zener. I was actually able to fine tune the ZSAC a little better with the rectifiers.

In trying to get the amp back up and playing, I came across several designs that place a 250Volt/.5 to 1 amp fuse in series with zener and the center tap of the filament transformer. What do you guys think about this? If it would truly act like a fuse and not affect other things, it just might save a zener in the future.

Steve
ab5mm