Re: [Amps] Kenwood 922-A

To: "Doug Cain" <dougcain@classicnet.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Kenwood 922-A
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 08:10:04 -0700
Doug -- If the original AC fan quit on my TL-922, I would Not be looking for an exact replacement, EBM/Papst's 5200N - series DC brushless fan is 127mm diameter, the same as the 922's original fan. The needed 12Vdc to run a 5200N fan can come by FWB-rectifying & filtering the 11Vac fil winding. The advantage of a DC-brushless fan is that it will push as much air running the 922 from 50Hz mains as from 60Hz mains. This overcomes the 922's well-known problem of running too damned hot on 50Hz mains. . Also, it is easy to make a DC fan's speed vary according to temperature by placing a thermistor in the exhaust airflow to control a power transistor which in turn controls the V fed to the DC motor. Thus, the hotter the air, the faster the fan turns. Is this cool, or what. // A good source for EBM/Papst fans is Mouser --- www.mouser.com/ebm-papst p.1166. The price is $47.34
- cheers