Re: [Amps] GBR and radiation exposure

To: "John Nelson" <john@crew-green.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GBR and radiation exposure
From: peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:44:28 +0200
My father in law spent many years working at the big stations at Rugby
(new - 30kW HF tx's) and old - the GBR site with a few 100kW tx's, at
Leafield with lots of QRO HF, and on the tropo scatter link from the Isle
of Wight to Gibralter, which ran several 20kW tx's in the 40MHz region.
He's 78 this year, and last went to the doctor to have his medical to keep
his driving licence - otherwise, he's needed to go to  the doctor once in
the 28 years I've known him. He smokes a pipe, too. Photographs of him at
work show him as spending time with his feet up, and he's certainly
carried this characteristic on into retirement. So it might be that
exposure to lots of RF makes you constitutionally lazy and gives you a
taste for good beer! Seems to have worked with me, too.......

73

Peter G3RZP