[Amps] Spare Parts

To: AMPS@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [Amps] Spare Parts
From: "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:25:48 -0400
Hi Guys,

Decided to yank out everything in the outboard supply and replace
with broadcast-quality components. No more 50 watt bleeders.
(They're now 2 units of OHMITE L225J100K at 225 watts rating.)

Same thing with the step-start contactors and the HV voltage select relay
and HV shutoff relay.

However, for the more sane amplifier builder (meaning one who doesn't
turn hotel rooms into machine shops), I have available two new
Magnecraft W158HVX-1 relays, rated at 5KV, 200mA CCS,
with 24 volt coils. These are open-frame units with gold anodized
metal frames and armatures. The contact plates are easily removable
for burnishment, and the gold plating on the contact studs is in pristine
condition.The relays short across two studs on N/C and N/O, so I guess
you might call them SPDT.

If anyone is interested I will send a picture or two and let you decide
if
they're what you need. The Alpha 77Dx and 'Sx both used these relays
to switch between the CW and SSB anode transformer secondary windings.

Hal Mandel
KA1XO