Re: [Amps] Audio BW -- Please just let us operate!!

To: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Audio BW -- Please just let us operate!!
From: "Dale J." <dj2001@mn.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:33:55 -0500

On Aug 27, 2004, at 10:54, Joe Subich, K4IK wrote:

So, let's see--to make people like you happy, they have to
give up on what they are doing, which essentially seems to
be the ARRL board's philosophy also.

You're absolutely correct ... Double sideband AM and HiFi SSB with 4.5 and 6 KHz audio bandwidth are a complete waste of spectrum and are arguably illegal under rule 97.307(a):

    No amateur station transmission shall occupy more
    bandwidth than necessary for the information rate
    and emission type being transmitted, in accordance
    with good amateur practice.

"Communications Quality Audio" has long been defined as
ca. 2.7 - 3 KHz bandwidth ... a definition extending back
into Bell Systems' "toll quality" standards.

Those who use spectrum wasting modulation have no place on
a crowded HF band ...

73,

... Joe, K4IK

CW with a max of 10 wpm must then be the only mode we should operate. OR maybe we should just cancel ham radio altogether.

Dale