Re: [Amps] Re: Audio BW -- Please just let us operate!!

To: "amps" <amps@contesting.com>, "Bill Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re: Audio BW -- Please just let us operate!!
From: "DF3KV" <df3kv@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:59:09 +0200
From: "Bill Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>

> Well, That brings up a thought. Here in the US we can't hear all the
US
> stations at once due to the fact that many are in our skip zone.
But  how
> does it sound to the DX stations that are receiving a good portion
US at
> one time.
> Can any of you on the other side of Atlantic or Pacific answer this
> question? Do the ham bands sound crowded by US operators?

It depends on time and antenna used.
On a major contest when I beam to the US and the band is open to most
part of the world,  it seems that the band is crowded with US
operators, if turning the beam
 to asia, most dissappear or are covered by UA stations
If using a groundplane probably the US stations are majority

73
Peter