Re: [Amps] Homeland Security

To: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>,"amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Homeland Security
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:40:21 -0400
Gee,
I don't want that camel's nose in my tent! The best thing about ham radio is the lack of need for
infrastructure and that the hams have always purchased or built their own equipment thus not being
dependent on Federal funds. We provide amateur radio classes and do the examinations at no cost to
the government. When we start depending of the Fed for equipment they will begin specifying the
equipment and come up with specifications as we have seen for new 60 meter band.

73 Bill wa4lav