[Amps] Magnet wire ratings (Correction)

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Magnet wire ratings (Correction)
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:49:43 -0400
I said the operating voltage, OV, should be "(X2)" and is not right. The operating voltage is the breakdown voltage, BDV, divided by two. OV / 2 = BDV. Sorry for that little blunder.

Will Matney

Somebody on the reflector wanted to know the voltage rating on magnet wire used in transformers-chokes a while back. I didn't have that info on the transformer webpage either so I researched it for inclusion and wanted to post it here for whoever
needed the info. Hopefully, this will hold the formatting when it's sent in so if
it doesn't, e-mail me for clarification or any questions. Keep in mind that the
breakdown voltage is not the operating voltage. The operating voltage should be
times two (X2) of the breakdown rating. Therefore, Formvar insulation would yield
an operating voltage of 5 Kv and Imideze would be 6 Kv. Hope this helps!

73's

Will Matney