Re: [Amps] coils

To: "carl seyersdahl" <carlseye@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] coils
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:38:24 -0700

On Sep 3, 2004, at 4:06 PM, carl seyersdahl wrote:

all of this reminds me of a problem I had several years ago, with an AL811.
the top portion of the Tank coil,
80 mtrs, was distorted badly.!! As tho it had been badly overheated. this
current discussion leaves me wondering if I may have missed something along
that line!!!!! Is there something here that I may have missed.???

The AL-811 that I saw had smallish tank-inductor conductors and it had no forced air cooling the tank. The tank L conductor sizes appeared to based on 50-60Hz applications, not on HF. For example, #14 Cu is good for c. 15a at 50-60Hz, but only c. 3a at 28MHz.

I'm not
the "Guru" here!!!!!!  But I'd sure like to know!!!!!
     thanks to all !!!and have a good holiday!!!!
     carl / kz5ca     ( Rich, Happy holiday )

Tnx, Carl. This holiday could well be a happy one since my helper has no soccer game on Monday, so she's planning to work. Hopefully, we will happily get some more done on the amplifier project.
cheerz

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org