[Amps] RE: Amps Digest, Vol 21, Issue 33

To: "'amps@contesting.com'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RE: Amps Digest, Vol 21, Issue 33
From: "David Robinson" <robinda@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:47:50 -0400
I have been running an am-6154 on 2m for the last 5 years. 8W input 400W
output. Mainly used for 30 second key down periods on FSK441a mode. I still
use the original8938. I havent had to retune it in 3 years and I still
maintain this output.

I did try doing the 4cx400 modification to another 2m rf drawer (so I would
still have a working rf amp if things went wrong!). Yes it gave 500W, but as
I had been warned, the psu (even after the "standard" psu mods)got very hot
and smelly and it drifted like crazy. So I put the 8938 back in and it
behaved fine again, just like the original

Dave

WW2R

Message: 2