[Amps] Transformers

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Transformers
From: craxd <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:55:38 -0400
Hello,
I figured I'd let everyone on the mailer know I was set up today by the Magnetic Metals rep to buy C-Cores the same as Dahl. In turn where Magnetic Metals had sold their EI core business to Tempel Steel, I was set up there also to by factory direct. I will be stocking some standard sizes of EI core lams and ordering C-Cores. I will have either for sale plus wound transformers in both types. I will have available M-55 which is about the cheapest, to M-6 which is the more expensive in EI lams. Core loss in watts per pound is determined by these steel types. The C-Cores are Microsil, which is the same material as Hypersil. A quick note on C-Cores pricing. A single core of one size is expensive, and buying 2 or more drops the price dramatically. I will only be stocking these sometime in the future where I can invest in them for some off-the-shelf transformers. I can order one as a custom but the price will be higher. Really, the only gain you'll have with a C-core over an EI core transformer is some weight savings. The maximum size I'll handle will be about 3KW due to my handicap.

I will also be stocking fish paper (kraft paper), glass laminate board, micarda, wire, and transformer hardware for resale after a while.

In or about another two months, I plan on having everything ready for winding. I will be offering transformer re-winding too. Re-winding can save you money over a complete new transformer. I am now making RF plate chokes, etc. If anyone is interested in buying the iron, or other parts, e-mail me for pricing. One last thing to mention is I am intending on making full HV power supplies to customer specs. Thanks for taking the time and interest in this.

Will Matney
craxd1@ezwv.com