Re: [Amps] James Millen Variable Capacitor

To: dhallam@rapidsys.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] James Millen Variable Capacitor
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:54:30 -0700
David C. Hallam wrote:

I have a James Millen air variable capacitor and the only marking I can find
on it is 125Y5.  None of my reference catalogs have any listing for Millen
capacitors.  Can anyone tell me what the capacitance and voltage rating are
from that number?  Plate spacing is approximately 0.060-0.070" so I am
assuming the voltage rating is about 2500 volts.

Millen numbers are all numeric, so that number isn't correct. It MIGHT be 12515, which is 18-151 pf, 0.077" spacing. In 1944, the cost was $4.50.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco