[Amps] help with Collins amp ID

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] help with Collins amp ID
From: "w9ge" <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:00:41 -0400
Can anyone shed any light on a Collins auto tune amplifier, made for the Air
Force?  Looks to be about 2-32 Mhz.

This baby appears to weigh about 600 pounds, runs a pair of 4cx1000a's (sorry
Rich, no handles) and has a tube driver stage.  Vacuum rectifiers (probably
3B28's but not sure) and 4 oil filled caps in power supply.  I did not see a
modulation transformer, but it was not a very close inspection. A single 19
inch wide by 6 foot rack, maybe 20 inches deep.

Data on the plate is:  Collins Radio, AM-2104(XW-1)/GR, Part 522-1452-005,
Contract AF30(635)4504.  It has a single digit serial number.

A search of the web has not turned up anything. I very much appreciate any
anecdotal info or data available.  73 bob de w9ge