[Amps] PT2500A

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] PT2500A
From: craxd <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 20:52:23 -0400
Carl,

I'm not for sure what was used in that amp. However, most good amps are built using the computer grade screw top caps. Most use at least 220 uF @ 450 Vdc. At least six in series for a rating of 36.6 uF @ 2700 Vdc. Yours will probably be higher than that using 3-500Z's. Most of them have around 3000 Vdc on the plate. In this case, they make some 330 uF @ 450 Vdc caps. Using eight in series will give you 41.25 uF @ 3600 Vdc. I would try to keep the capacitance at least over 25 uF. Hope this helps.

Will Matney

Thanks to all of you who sent answers, good and bad.!!
 I'll take any and all comments.
 If anyone has parts , especially a meter , I'd appreciate  knowing about
it, (price, etc)
  The gentleman in question is on severe disability and not much money (he
sold the amp I rebuilt several yrs. ago to pay bills) , so If I can find the
parts I'll pay for them myself.!!!! ( Nuff said)
   Thanks again folks.!!!!
   carl / kz5ca
   P.S. I rather imagine he'll need new PSU caps , etc. If anyone can tell
me what types would be best fit in the amp.