[Amps] GS-35b tuned input for HF

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] GS-35b tuned input for HF
From: "Manuel R. Alonso / KC4MNE" <kc4mne@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 22:38:05 -0400
Hello

Converting a Henry 2k-4 amp with a pair of 3-500z's to a single Russian
GS-35b.

Will the tuned input circuit of the pair of 3-500's work to feed the single
GS-35b?

I know the output is ok since the plate voltage amp amperage will remain the
same as the pair of 3-500's and the plate capacitance of the single GS-35b
is low.

Any help would be appreciated. All Homebrew GS-35b amps that I have seen on
the web do not use a tuned input, but I think this is no good.

Manny

KC4MNE