Re: [Amps] Plate choke for HF pi-networks

To: dezrat1242@ispwest.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate choke for HF pi-networks
From: "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 13:38:21 -0400
Dear Bill,

The below referenced part was a consideration for the plate choke in the
dual 3CPX1500A7 project
now underway.
Unfortunately, since the anode power supply is now rated at 3807 volts at
3 amperes, CCS,
it was necessary to wind my own plate choke using Teflon-covered 18AWG
solid
on a 1.25-inch solid Teflon form, as the RFParts item wire diameter is
undersized
for the projected anode amperage. They specified "1.5 amperes" when
looking into it.

Sincerely,

Hal Mandel
W4HBM