[Amps] Ebay sales

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Ebay sales
From: craxd <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:07:35 -0400
Ok, what I'm writing here, don't take offense to if your the auctioner. On ebay, I noticed a large RF generator that had a 3CX10,000 in it. The bids had gotten up to about $2500. Here's the problems, 1st, there was about 38 bids on this. I've never seen that many bids for one, especially at this price. 2nd., the bidders names were being kept private. Now, doing this, all it would take is have a buddy to bid (shill) driving the price on up higher and higher. Why on earth would they want to hide the bidders names? I'm just letting this out as a warning about some ebay items. When something like this shows up, you need to make extra sure what's going on. I'd hate to see any on here being taken for a ride as $2,500 is a lot of money and 38 bids seems an awful lot.

Will Matney