[Amps] Chimneys for Russian tubes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Chimneys for Russian tubes
From: Paul Whatton <paul.whatton@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:53:32 +0100
Hi all, I'd appreciate some advice.

I'm building an amp with a pair of GI-7bs and will be blowing into the anode compartment and using two PTFE chimneys in the usual (K2RIW) way venting out of the top of the case. But because the Russian tubes have open sided anode fins I wondered if it would be better to take the PTFE chimney right down to the bottom of the cooler, thus creating a tunnel, or only part way down the fins to allow some air flow through the sides as well? The latter would certainly appear to help where the underside slots in the fins are obstructed by the tank circuit bracket, but how about all round?

Your thought much appreciated.

73

Paul G4DCV