[Amps] 99 v. titan 3

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 99 v. titan 3
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:18:44 +0000
if we are limited to just these two, i'd go with the 99.
I think the titan 3 is overpriced for what you get. I believe (this is a hunch so don't hold me to it) the time limits stated in the specs for the T3 indicate limitations resulting from lower cooling, perhaps to make a quiet amp, and power supply limitations.

Now, if I can go beyond these two, I'd recommend the Command 2500. I think it has the cleanest output of the commercially made ham amps that I know of. yeah, i know, the tubes are expensive. but if you run the amp properly, they will probably out live you.

rob/k5uj