Re: [Amps] QB3-300 Amplifier

To: "R. Measures" <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QB3-300 Amplifier
From: Alberto <re349@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:33:28 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Alek, Richard and Peter for your answers.

Richard, thanks for the notes about high voltage
capabilities of these tubes. I'll use a HV supply of
2.500V since this output is available in my shack.
More than 2.500V means constructing a new PS, which is
quite difficult for me since I have no access to cheap
HV transformers right now.

Anyway, reading your experiences, now I think G-G
operation will be a good option. According to FL2000B
mod by Peter (OZ1PIF), QB3-300 should work in G-G
service as follows:
Va=2.500V
Vg2=0 (tightly grounded)
Vg1=between 0 and 10 volts to get apropriate Ia.

Could you confirm this data, please?

Thanks again!

Alberto
EA4PL