Re: [Amps] 4CX1500B QSK

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX1500B QSK
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:40:29 -0800
In a message dated 11/1/04 12:37:05 PM Central Standard Time, r@somis.org writes:

Indeed, Karl-Arne.? An even less expensive solution is to guard the
DC-floating cathode circuitry with 2, 800piv 3A diodes in series to
gnd.? Thus, if the HV+ arcs to gnd, the potential across the 2 diodes
tries to rise from 1250v-neg. to > 1600v-neg., the diodes fail-shorted.
? and the HV+ glitch-R dissipates the joules stored in the HV filter-C
until the mains-breakers trip.

Rich,
?Can you count on the PIV ratings of the diodes to be that accurate?

Steve -- I measure a batch and pick out the ones that will total what's needed.

note -- Your e-mailer app. is doing attributions correctly so I added them in manually.

?That has not been my experience unless I had tested them for breakdown (non-destructive of course) first.

Regards,
Dennis O.

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org _______________________________________________