Re: [Amps] Ten-Tec Centurion

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ten-Tec Centurion
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:15:36 -0500
Rich and Tom,

I'm pretty sure there's no RF switching circuit in that amplifier. About the only use of this I remember in amateur amps was a mobile solid-state amp. I doubt it would have a relay jack if it had RF switching either. My guess is the same as Rich's about possible parasitics causing this. Tune C has a voltage rating high enough to withstand normal operation at the operating frequencies, but may not at VHF frequencies. The amp shouldn't operate at all with the switching jack un-connected. If the amp seems to be operating without it, that sounds like self oscillation to me.

Best & 73's

Will Matney