Re: [Amps] tube flatulence - gettering

To: <G3rzp@aol.com>, <craxd1@ezwv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tube flatulence - gettering
From: "Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF" <oz1pif@privat.dk>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:09:36 +0100
Back in the early 60's, I homebrewed an 2xEL84 LF amplifier running some 450V on the anode - way way over spec as I remember (just looked it up: 300V max producing 17W/tube in class B), to produce some 50 or 60W output (I'm somewhat hazy about this figure now, some 40+ years later), what I do remember clearly is the blue light emanating from the tubes, pulsating in sync with the output - also that tubes only took this for about a year before having to be replaced (that may have been due to Bill Haley and other Rock'nRoll bands though)

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

********** OZ1PIF **************
email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@privat.dk
http://home24.inet.tele.dk/oz1pif/