Re: [Amps] Trio TL-922 Filament Transformer...

To: r@somis.org, r391@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Trio TL-922 Filament Transformer...
From: G3rzp@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 06:46:21 EST

In a message dated 20/11/2004 11:40:21 GMT Standard Time, r@somis.org  writes:

Since T2  is unfused, if one of the tubes grid-filament
shorts, the +110vdc  cutoff-bias supply that is powered by the 80Vrms
winding on T2 sees a  short

In my innocence, I would say that's bad design. In fact, to my mind, it has
the potential to be downright dangerous. It certainly doesn't meet good
wiring practice requirements. If I had one, fitting a fuse (in a decent holder
-
not one intended for in line use in cars) would be high priority.

73

Peter G3RZP