Re: [Amps] Current draw at 110 volts for SB-200 and SB-1000

To: "Martin J. Morgenbesser" <w7mjm@arrl.net>,"Amps List" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Current draw at 110 volts for SB-200 and SB-1000
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 20:12:20 -0800
The sb-220 will run on 110v but you will see your house lights dim and you will
see the hi voltage on the amp sag and swing all over the place.

Heathkit did advertise you could run it on buck and a dime (110v) but they
didn't tell everybody that you'd being paying the price one way or the other.
Recall a fellow who did run one on 110v, you could tell when he was hitting the
mike hard . ALL of the lights in his house dimmed and brightened.

And the amp's efficiency was way down also.

Wire it up, try it out see what gives.

My .02,
73
Gary