Re: [Amps] a clipperton l input matching board

To: dlestourgeon <dlestourgeon@cox.net>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] a clipperton l input matching board
From: George Cortez <ne2i@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 16:44:39 -0500
dlestourgeon wrote:

Hi George,
Thanks for this info. Are you saying that they will sell the board by it self to anyone? I may get one as I have an old Dentron 10-160 ( no input tuning ) that I have refurbished. I tried using an outboard antenna tuner between the exciter and the amp with a crossneedle meter--made a big difference in output power and purity of waveform.
Are you going to mount the boad in your amp or build a box for it?
73,
Dale K5AJZ

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Cortez" <ne2i@optonline.net> To: <amps@contesting.com> Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 8:52 PM Subject: [Amps] a clipperton l input matching board

Hi all
Im going to try using a input board from an AL 572 (4 572b) in or in front of the clipperton l
It has 6 slug tuned networks and a switch on the board along with a rfc filament netowork. it is part # 50-572 $77.50 each
We'll see how it goes.....

George NE2I

Yes I called ameritron and they gave me the part# and I bought it right there.
No problem. I believe they will do the same for any of their units as
A few friends of mine have bought parts from them without issue.
I probably will try it outboard first in a box and then if it works ok
try to inboard it (I have my doubts as the clipperton L is real tight)
Anything is better than the way it stands now as the amp is unusable with the
746pro. The antenna tuner in the rig just cant handle the match like the mkV can.
Of course OL Henry keeps chugging along and loves every minute of it with any rig.

George NE2I