Re: [Amps] RF Ammeter

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF Ammeter
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:45:02 -0500
Mike,

Most of the time, those meters were a standard stock meter with the faceplate changed. About the only way a totally custom meter was made was for a huge production run in the thousands of pieces. What you may have to do is call a Simpson distributor like Allied or Newark and let the salesman handle it. Distributors will always be answered by the manufacturer and most likely would find the replacement for you.

Best

Will Matney

Mike Sawyer wrote:

Folks,
   A while back I was trying to locate an RF ammeter for my RCA SB-1K amp. I didn't
have any luck then so I figured I would try again. The meter is a 0-8 RF AMP ammeter
made by Simpson. ~3" square with internal thermal couple(?). I had written
Simpson but they seem to have completely ignore my request. I would like to restore
this amp to its original state.
   Many thanks and Merry Christmas,
Mike(y)
W3SLK