[Amps] swinging link

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] swinging link
From: John Irwin <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:56:36 -0800 (PST)
Quite interesting the article about the antique amplifier.
pease note that earlier handbooks describe adjustment using swinging link
coupling ,input
and output, using only the movable links  to load  the antenna, or next stage
if the unit was the exciter.
As time progressed information starting to appear in arrl handbook of using a
small capacitor in the link line and it didn't swing so much any more.  my
first antenna tuner used b&w plug in coils,of a model I can't remember but the
80 meter one was 5 inches in diameter and about 8 inches long.  there are
pictures of this stuff in the ad secion of handbooks from 1952 page 89 .  I
think mine was even bigger,came from 813 kw amp,push-pull. pole peg
transformers and the such wish I still had it!.

john kb9tc