Re: [Amps] MOSFET amp article

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] MOSFET amp article
From: Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:28:20 -0800
All,

I have a general question regarding the 'bias' connection on this amp. It is the same circuit a is used in the 4x MRF150 and the 2x MRF154 amp. One of those references a separate bias control circuit, the other does not. That said, what would happen if Vcc were applied to the bias input?

Thanks,
Dan

Steve Thompson wrote:

Two smaller versions now uploaded to www.eltac.co.uk/amp_article/amp.htm - both pdfs.

From the original QST CDROMs, about 550kb, and also a conversion of my .bmp
files, about 5.5Mb (this has slightly better fine detail resolution but the smaller one is great for reading).

Thanks to everyone who helped, or offered to.

73, Steve