Re: [Amps] Relay rewinding

To: "Svante Nordenstrom" <sm3dyu@ji-net.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Relay rewinding
From: "jeryb77" <jeryb77@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:07:34 -0500
Sam,
Here is an article that should help you

http://www.w1ghz.cx/10g/relay.htm

hth
Jerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Svante Nordenstrom" <sm3dyu@ji-net.com>
To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 3:47 AM
Subject: [Amps] Relay rewinding

Hi all
I have a number of brand new coax relays, brand Bernier type LMT/B/1023526/2
with N-type connectors. They are NO configured and makes when power, which
somewhere between 60 to 110V DC, is applied. The coil has a DC resistance of
4.5 kohm with the dimensions 50 x 25 mm outer measurements of bobbin (Sorry,
I'm metric). Can anybody give a rough figure of what size wire and number of
turns to make it a 12VDC relay? I don't have any relevant books for this
kind of calculations and I am probably too rusty in the math anyway..
73's
Sam HS0ZDY