Re: [Amps] OT: Anyone know of any RF Speech Processor Kits?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] OT: Anyone know of any RF Speech Processor Kits?
From: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:59:39 -0000
> From: "Ken G3WCS" <lists@kentek.co.uk>
> To: "Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF" <oz1pif@privat.dk>
> Cc: <amps@contesting.com>
> Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 5:22 PM
> Subject: Re: [Amps] OT: Anyone know of any RF Speech Processor Kits?
Don't know of any kits, but (very) many years ago I built a processor from a
design (I think) in Ham Radio. Rather than RF, it split the audio into four
bands, clipped each one then filtered out the harmonics and recombined. It
gave all the benefits of RF processing without any alignment or setup
needed - ideal for homebrew. It came with a layout for a simple single sided
pcb - if you're interested I can go hunting for it.

As an alternative, if you'll buy, then the original diecast box Datong
clippers can be had for very little if you lurk in the right places.

Steve