Re: [Amps] AL-80B "Optional" Grid Protection circuitry - identify?

Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-80B "Optional" Grid Protection circuitry - identify?
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:00:34 -0800
Were you overdriving the amp? You can use the amp without the alc hooked up,
but you do have to watch the power input level.
My suggestion is to tune with a low input power level then raise the drive
until no more increase in power is seen.
How is the vswr?  1.5:1 or better?
Just a couple of ideas.
Take time to note in the manual under tuning, you should peak the load control
for max power then increase the loading (clockwise) until the power drops off
just a tad.
Don't have any ides on the gird protection scheme tho,
Ring up ameritron and the will tell you.  I have found them to be very helpful
and informative.
73,
Gary
WA6FGI