[Amps] DC heater supply or AC heater supply

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] DC heater supply or AC heater supply
From: "Geert Hofman" <Geert_Hofman@Jabil.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:52:12 -0500
Reading through the various reference works, I see that most tubes are heated
with AC. However just went through AG6K's docs on amplifiers as well as a
recent update of a GS35 design from a French amateur, and I see DC is used
because of ease of regulating (correct) voltage . I am building my very first
amp (with a GI7B,  will later build one with a  GS 31), so can't seem to find
in the literature any negatives on using DC iso AC except for the additional
circuitry and am inclined to go for DC. Any comments ??

Geert Hofman
Amateur radio station : ON4IG