[Amps] Project amp or parts amp FS

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Project amp or parts amp FS
From: "ke1ih" <ke1ih@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:49:51 -0000
I have an RCA RadioMarine ET 8063A linear amp for sale. This is a PROJECT AMP,
it is not working or complete. It was part of a 1 KW ship SSB transmitter. The
amp uses a PL-172/8295A tube (not included) in a continues tune amp from 2-30
MHz, 1 watt will drive this beast to full power. There is a driver tube in the
amp, a 5894, in a broadband input/driver circuit. There is a large variable
inductor and a vacuum capacitor in the tank circuit. I had this amp operating
at more than a KW, until the screen supply quit and I lost interest. The amp
consists of an RF deck, complete, except for the PL-172 tube, a screen supply,
that is non functional and a HV supply that is functional all in a 5' tall
rack.
I was planning to retube this ! amp with one of the new Russian triodes or
tetrodes. I can deliver the amp within 100mi of Hartford CT., e-mail me for
photos or questions.
$250 or reasonable best offer.

TNX - John KE1IH
KE1IH@ARRL.com