[Amps] transformer info needed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] transformer info needed
From: "Partain, Chuck" <Chuck_Partain@maxtor.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:29:12 -0500
I have a transformer here with markings on it------->

        c.m.c.  /a-2930-8
        cmpt-487
        acme electric corp

looks military maybe. multiple outputs, they are labeled but some scratches
prevent me from seeing the current
capacity...in a metal can with terminals on the bottom maybe 12 outputs.

anyone find info  on it or show me where to look?

I guess I could just fire it up , do a load on it and see how hot it gets :)
but thought I would ask here first if
someone can find a reference for it...got it off someone on here a few years
back for a trade but I could be mistaken...

measure the voltages no load and use the winding r? put a small load on it? I
know I have seen some of this discussion in the
past...

KA1MWP