Re: [Amps] AL-811: Tuning, Setting ALC, Operating

To: Charlie <ad5th@direcway.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-811: Tuning, Setting ALC, Operating
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:00:31 -0800
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:38:33 -0600, Charlie wrote:

>Using ICOM 746 Pro and AL-80B here but did have an 811H at my last station.
>You do not need the interface for keying the amp.

I missed the original post, so if I am replying in error, please
forgive.

The ICOM 746PRO has a very 'tender' keying circuit and should NEVER be
used directly to key an amp.  Don't ask how I know.  You should always
use a transistor interface between the '746 and the amplifier keying
input.  Otherwise you face a return to the factory.  There are details
of how to do this on the ICOM website.

--
Bill, W6WRT