[Amps] (no subject)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] (no subject)
From: George KB2Z <Thermionic_Emission@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 07:51:28 -0500
Good morning all,
I'm new to the list and had a couple of questions that have been bothering me for awhile.
This one is a bit off, but would anyone have an answer to why 2x3-500 amplifiers in gg configuration sometimes have 1,2, or 3 caps paralleled to the grids, some have a choke paralleled to the caps, some are tied directly to ground?
I have seen schematics of same series amps done with the caps and coils and without. As an aside it looks like Japanese versions of some of the same amps have the grids tied directly to ground. ( HL-2k) Is it a spectral purity FCC thing?
As an aside, The Japanese HL-2k schematic shows a choke in the filament return and the US version does not. I'm guessing the choke is for balancing but cant figure why the amp with the grids directly grounded has the filament choke(Japanese) and the floating grids (US) dont.
I have been looking and cant seem to find the answer. If someone could comment or suggest a place to look for the answers it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, George KB2Z