[Amps] Really Cool Calculator TIP

To: amps@contesting.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Really Cool Calculator TIP
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 08:29:25 -0600
Every once in a while I run across something that is really cool and feel
compelled to share it.  In RF design and antenna design you end up
needing a calculator for a lot of the calculations.  I did a web search
and found the DreamCalc web site and have been running DreamCalc 2
for many months.    http://www.dreamcalc.net/

Registration is only $14.99 but it still runs if you don't register it, although you
get an occasional reminder to register.

DreamCalc 3 is even cooler with a lot of graphing functions as well.  It is
currently in public BETA testing and you can download it now, although
3.0.14 is currently on the web site, I would wait a day or two for 3.0.15.
I found a very minor display bug that only affects a very small number of
computers.  It was due to a bug in the compiler and has been fixed.
But the fixed version will not be on the web site for a day or two, although
I have tested it and the display issue is now fixed.

The reason to buy DreamCalc 2 now is that you can upgrade to DreamCalc 3
when it comes out at no extra charge.  If you wait for the official release of
DreamCalc 3 it will have a higher price.  (I don't know how much higher--but
being a ham I had to go with the bargain $14.99 price.)

I am just a very happy user and have no connection with DreamCalc.  And
when I discovered the bug last night in 3.0.14 beta it was fixed in an hour
or so.  And this display issue only affected my Athlon computer and not my
two Pentium systems.

I find it very handy to have it on the screen all of the time. It just LOOKS
like a real calculator and you can even change the skins for whatever appearance
you want. DreamCalc 3 does a lot of cool graphing and allows for either
algebraic input or RPN.

Check it out -- I think you will find that it answers all of your calculator needs
because it is both a math calculator as well as a business calculator.

73--John W0UN

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.5 - Release Date: 2/3/2005