Re: [Amps] 10dB and propagation

To: "Kim Elmore" <Kim.Elmore@noaa.gov>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 10dB and propagation
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:26:07 -0800

On Feb 8, 2005, at 8:47 AM, Kim Elmore wrote:

I think the point being made here is not that the equipment is questionable (the attenuator could be accurate to +/- 10^-13 dB) but that other things, none of which are contrary to what we currently know about HF propagation, were going on to confound your interpretation of the data that was collected.

Since the measurement equipment and procedure was the same on one day as on the other, the confounding factors should have been constant. and the observed gain on any two days should have been the same.

Kim Elmore, N5OP