Re: [Amps] RE: 8877 Test

To: zborg@comcast.net, andromeda@seanet.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE: 8877 Test
From: Japerlick@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:54:54 EST
I agree with Paul's note here.  Actually, dishwashers are not uncommon in
printed circuit board manufacturing lines.  However, excellent cleaning
processes
rely on a good detergent or solvent (though most have gone away from solvents
due to environmental problems) in clean, softened water.  Clean means
Purified (definitely not tap water).  Then, the assembly is final rinsed with
De-ionized water (DI). The DI water is done before the unit is allowed to dry.

You can do the same with solvents, and yes, some solvents won't dissolve some
organic residues.  When in doubt, I always use 99% alcohol or even MEK or
Tricky (1,1,1 Trichlorethylene) but the last two are really bad SH_T and you
don't want it lying around!  Same for DI water.

I am surprised by the 409.  It is a fabulous degreaser but I am almost sure
it left some sort of residue.  It just smells too good not to be perfumed.
But, then, if the folks at Jennings highly recommend it, I can't argue.  I
would
have preferred alcohol.

John