Re: [Amps] CB Amps...Trash or Treasure?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] CB Amps...Trash or Treasure?
From: Theo Bellamy <Theo.Bellamy@Spirittelecom.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:12:51 -0500
Interesting ... I always wondered that. I used to pay the bills in the early
70s by fixing CBs by the side of the highway. Amazing what a guy will do
when he is broke. I converted a number of D&A Phantom 500 amps to real ham
amps for customers for free as a reward for them passing their ham tests. It
was easy ... I just ripped out the driver tubes and put a decent final tank
circuit in with band switching for 80 through 20 meters. Put out a usefull
800 plus watts PEP with the six sweep tubes. Took about 30 minutes and it
was never used on 11 meters again!

Theo K4MO