Re: Re: [Amps] Could we *all* use the right tube part numbers?

To: k7fm@teleport.com
Subject: Re: Re: [Amps] Could we *all* use the right tube part numbers?
From: "Bill L. Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:37:46 -0500
While you are at it.
20 meters is not 14 mhz. that should be MHz
and or 14000 kHz, "K" is Kelvin

there are DB-25 connectors
and    DE-9 connectors  NOT DB-9
 DA-15
 DB-25
 DC-37
 DD-50
and the 9 pin was a after thought so it became size E.

The second letter is the shell size.
and the number is number of pins and that is followed by sex of connector.

The computer GEEKS in the 70s and 80s called all these connectors DB connectors
and  and the manufacturers ended up having to comply or lose buisiness.