[Amps] Wolud a few check the homepage of www.g8wrb.org ???

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Wolud a few check the homepage of www.g8wrb.org ???
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:47:20 +0000
Hi,
I have changed the server on which www.g8wrb.org is hosted. Once this is
done, it can take a couple of days for everyone to see the new server -
the 'nameservers' you use will not all get updated at once, so different
people will see the changes before others.

Unfortunately, I can't see the changes myself, but some (most I think)
should be able to see the changes now. Any remote computer I have access
to can see the changes, but there is no way I can see in graphical
interface with them, so I can't check a web site. My own local computer,
which has a graphical interface, is still seeing the old web server, not
the new one.

Could a few people tell me:

1) Does the homepage say at the top *"**Served from a home ADSL line"*
?  If so, this means you are seeing the old server, if not you are
seeing the new server.

2) If you are seeing the new server, can you see any obvious broken
links? If you are seeing the old server, I'm less concerned since it
will soon be off.

I'm aware the search engine will not be working. I don't think there is
much I can do about that until I can at least see the web site from the
new server. I changed the name servers this site uses more than 48 hours
ago, so would expect it to be seen by everyone, but I seem to be the
exception!! Sod's Law I think!!

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
G8WRB