[Amps] Data on Eimac Y-799 or Y-808

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Data on Eimac Y-799 or Y-808
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 01:59:36 +0000
I know I have asked this before (over 4 years ago), but does anyone have
any data on either of the above tubes? They are conduction cooled
tetrodes, similar(ish) to the 4CX250B. I have several, and have the BeO
link, and a huge heatsink (weighs around 10kg or 22lbs.)

I've tried Eimac, but they can't supply a data sheet, saying it was a
copy of a tube made in the UK. Someone told me they were used by the
Civil Aviation Authority, but its so long ago I had the
conversation/mail with him, I can't recall much about it.

I'm hoping someone has a data sheet, or at least some typical operating
conditions.

I guess, if the thing works, I could just play around with screen and
grid bias to make it as linear as possible, whilst not overheating it.
Make up my own set of operating conditions. Any better ideas?

Here's a rather poor picture of one.

http://www.g8wrb.org/y799-amp/y808-3.jpg

--
Dr. David Kirkby,