Re: [Amps] TL922 Failure

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] TL922 Failure
From: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:58:43 EST

In a message dated 2/23/05 11:32:16 AM Central Standard Time,
tom.georgens@engenio.com writes:

Upon  opening up the unit.  The two vitreous enamel resistors I used as  plate
fuses had melted and broke.  Also, the large doorknob blocking  cap had split
open and was blackened.  There was no other obvious  damage or signs of
distress.  The plate choke looked unscathed.   I had previously direct
grounded the grids and removed the grid  chokes.  The underside of the tubes
looked fine.  I regrettably  did not check the bias zener.

Plate doorknob cap failed shorted?

 Just one possibility, but the first thing I would check if I were  you.

 Check your output choke across the plate loading cap, looking for any
obvious signs of damage.

Regards,

Dennis O.