Re: [Amps] Fwd: Pi-L In-circuit Adjustment Question

To: dhallam@rapidsys.com, r@somis.org, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fwd: Pi-L In-circuit Adjustment Question
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:54:50 EST

Hi David, it will absolutely be helpful. Heck, the grid dipper test is
helpful. We have been arguing over er, discussing, such a small difference in
frequency that it is basically a trivial difference.

The only gottcha is that the tube and other nuisance reactance (strays)  will
be added to your plate tuning C value. The net effect is when everything is
finally connected, the plate tune C will end up at a lower setting. No matter
though, this why there is a knob on it; we just can't always predict the
exact  total of the extra C contributors. As the frequency is lowered, this
naturally  becomes less of an issue and when raised, more of an issue.

73,
Gerald K5GW