Re: [Amps] [Moon-net] High voltage/medium power SMPS? who?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [Moon-net] High voltage/medium power SMPS? who?
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:29:50 +0000
Horta wrote:

>    Sorry, perhaps it is a bit off topic.
>    I was wondering if anybody (any HAM)  has already tried to build  a SMPS
>for high voltage medium power (ie 2~3,5 KV @ 1~3 KW). I would be pleased to
>know about it.
>    Thanks a lot in advance.
>
>Horta
>PY2NI

There was a design in the ARRL's technical journal years ago. I've
thought about trying it, but decided I'd enjoy the challenge if someone
else was paying for my mistakes, but not if I were paying for the
expensive devices. I suspect I'd blow quite a few up before getting
something that worked properly, which would make it very expensive.

PS, there are some errors in the QEX article too - contact the author if
you ever did fancy doing it.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
G8WRB