Re: [Amps] Shipping Security

To: <Amps@Contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping Security
From: "Bill Gode, Sr." <w9nhq@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:07:47 -0600
I haven't read every reply in detail, but has anyone mentioned using a
moving company?

Many years ago, I wanted to buy a used Collins 30S-1 from an old guy in New
Mexico, but he had no way (or desire) to pack and ship it.  "Pick-up, only,"
read the ad.  The price was right and I wanted that 30S-1, but New Mexico
was a tad too far from Chicago for me to make the drive.

So I called Mayflower Movers.  For $250, they had their local guys pickup
the linear from his shack, wrap it in blankets and stick it on an
air-cushioned moving van.  A few days later, my "new "30S-1 arrived in
perfect condition and was carefully placed in my shack by the local
Mayflower crew.

I'm sure the rates are much more expensive these days, but it still may be
an option to that cross-country road trip.

73,

Bill, W9NHQ