Re: [Amps] AL-1200 VS AL-1500

To: dajs@accnorwalk.com, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-1200 VS AL-1500
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:36:41 -0500
Actually, it is probably neither.  Here's why.

I am the guy who programmed the database and its searches, using
FrontPage.  I am NOT a skilled programmer.  The data are free-form, in each
field, so, for example, someone could fill in the amplifier field with
"Ameritron 1200", "AL1200", "AL-1200", "2 x AL-1200", etc.

Depending on how you phrase the query, you get different results.  For
example, if I ask for "1200" and "1500" I get 121 and 94 hits
respectively.  However, if you look at the actual returned field contents,
you'll see all of those variations.

Unfortunately, the data were not more structured to begin with, and now,
with almost 3000 stations in the database, converting would be pretty tough.

73, Pete N4ZR